Sunday, September 6, 2009

rainy days ...

spent all day at the soccer fields yesterday, where the spirits were high but the scoring low ... if the rains continue, we'll be building ourselves an ark before the day's over ...


however, rainy days are perfect for tea and crafting ... and what better to compliment a hot cup of tea than my chewy oatmeal bars ... not the prettiest cookie at the bake sale but, as with most things, it's what's on the inside that counts ...

since the cherubs returned to school last week, i've been trying to do at least one creative thing a day in my home ... i encourage you to do the same ...


on day one, i used some embroidery hoops "found" at my favorite exclusive boutique, Value Village, dug through my box of fabric remnants and paired it all up with some old bits of crocheted history and embellished the wall over my favorite reading chair ... this corner of my world calls to me on particularly hectic days ...

the beautiful piece over the back of my chair was given to me by my sister and it was crocheted by my grandmother ...

and now it's off to the studio for a few creative moments before digging out the rain boots and heading to the soccer field ...

but, one final note, i hope you all have a cherished corner you can escape to on a rainy day with a cup of tea and a chewy bar ...

No comments:

Post a Comment