Monday, September 14, 2009

grass is always greener ...

i received a message today from a dear friend (hi JoAnn) saying that the weather in monterey (yes she's lucky enough to live in monterey) felt fall-like this morning ... which got me thinking about our weather ...


now there were a few days in the seattle area this summer that had me begging for autumn but now that it's almost here, i am warding it off with my best "warm weather spells" ...
i don't want to give up on the wonderful back yard days, or the visitors to my back yard ...


i don't want to give up al fresco dining ...
and i sure as heck don't want my beautiful flowers to fade to brown ...
so don't worry if in the future you find me spending a lot of time looking skyward ...
in a few months, i'll be complaining about the heat again ...

2 comments:

  1. Beth, your blog never fails to bring a smile to my face. Loved that 2nd-last line on Millie's pic! ...j

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what i'm all about ... bringing smiles to those i love ...

    ReplyDelete