Tuesday, September 15, 2009

friends ...

since the cherubs went back to school, i've spent a lot of time thinking about friends, partly because i'm spending an inordinate amount of time on facebook (now these are not words i thought would ever leave my mouth) ...

yesterday, i spent a fabulous day hiking with my friend Laurie ... we hiked up rattlesnake pt and sat on the peak, catching up on our lives, after busy summers for us both ...

i've been going on walks with friends, playing tennis with friends, talking on the phone with friends ...

so all that got me thinking about friends and how fortunate i am to have such good friends in my life ...
 
 
like most of us, i've lived in multiple places ... i've lived everywhere from the east coast of canada to the west coast of the united states and i treasure the friends i've made along the way ... did anyone on their deathbed ever say "gosh wish i didn't have so many darned friends" ... i don't think so ...

anyway, just wanted to let my friends know i cherish them ... thanks for listening to me, being there for me and sharing your life with me ...

here's a few of my favorite friend things to do:
share a cup of tea
go to the movies
knit together (ah that's a topic for another day as well)
antique together
take classes together
run and walk together
play tennis together
hike together
travel together
cook together
discuss books together
laugh together
talk together
and, of course, cry together ...

so, put on the kettle and call a friend ... everything else can wait ...


"A FRIEND IS A GIFT YOU GIVE YOURSELF" ~ Robert Louis Stevenson




No comments:

Post a Comment