Tuesday, September 22, 2009

before and after ...

first off, thank you for sharing this journey with me ... if you haven't nodded off yet, i truly do like hearing from you so please leave me a comment ... i will get back to you ...

so often in life, we only see the "after" picture ... i don't know about you, but this often just leaves me feeling inadequate and ill-prepared to face the world ...

when my cherubs were little, i would sometimes meet up with friends and think 'wow, they sure have it all together ... wish i could be more like that' ... well with age comes a certain maturity and i now accept myself, freckles and all ... i realize the martha stewarts of the world quite often have a "team" ...

i was speaking with a dear friend from years ago today, my beautiful friend Sherrie ... i've always admired her parenting, her simple approach to life, her garden ... while we were catching up, she shared some very real stories about her family ... which of course are private but it all got me thinking about how often we wear a mask ... and sometimes that is good ... but more often than not, we need to show our true selves ...

so, i'm going to share with you a typical before picture in the life of ms. heart ...



oops, wrong one ...

here's the real deal ... the before picture ... a real day in the life of ...







so take heart dear friends, behind every "after" picture, there's the "before" picture ...


3 comments:

  1. Ya sure..don't post the pic of the piles of laundry on top of the washing machine or the backyard with the latest steaming offering by Pepper!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this post! It is a fact that although many of us know is true, we often need to be reminded. I laughed out loud when I saw the first (Martha Stewart'ish) photo. The other two photos just made me sigh with relief.

    Keep them coming!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. and there's so much more behind the scenes pictures i could have shared but perhaps might have been kicked out of blog world ... i find blog-spiration in many places but this one was kind of fun and thanks for your comments ...

    ReplyDelete