Monday, September 13, 2010

sometimes the flap just doesn't close ...

my friend julie said these words at our most recent book club meeting ... "sometimes the flap just doesn't close" ... i had to laugh, out loud ... really loud ... 'cause it touched my funny bone ...

and i got thinking about how that is really an observation about life and how we sometimes get ourselves into a wee spot of trouble at times ...

because that darned "flap just doesn't close" ...

i am guilty of this myself on several occasions ...

quite often in dealings with my adolescent daughter ...

(whom incidentally i adore although that seems to be a one-way street these days but i know one day, hopefully in the not too distant future, i shall be tolerated once again) ...

ah but this is not one of those "how to parent" blogs or i would have been shut down long ago ...

the sky is brightening outside my studio window ...
the colors of fall are stunning ...






and the slugs have kindly left me a plant or two in my garden ...




i've added some color to my front door with a sweet pansy and a fiber mushroom ... having a welcoming front entrance always makes me happy ...

it's a relatively warm day in the northwest ...


and my loyal doggie is by my side ...



so hopefully i can keep my flap closed today ... unless i am making kind comments ... and we'll make it to the end of the day with a happy heart ...

now must turn my attentions to my sewing machine and crochet hook ...

the fall "show" season is upon us and the shop shelves are bare ...

enjoy your day ... and keep your flap closed ...

(and just so you know, julie was actually talking internal gastrointestinal issues) ...

happy crafting ...



 


No comments:

Post a Comment