Tuesday, September 14, 2010

sleeping beauty ... or not ...

well i really was going to go for a walk this morning before getting to work ...

but that was before i woke up at 2:39 a.m. unable to sleep ...

what caused this "sleeping beauty" moment ... alas it was not a kiss from my true love that caused me to awaken with a start ... my true love, my temporarily retired groom was actually sleeping quite soundly beside me ... while i, la belle au bois dormant, leaped to my feet ...

wondering how it was that i had not heard a darned thing from my daughter's junior high school ... when i am typically bombarded with so many messages in my "inbox" that i have considered, in brief moments of insanity, hurlng my laptop into the pond in our back yard ... but not wanting to frighten the goldfish residing there i have resisted ... for now ...

upon further investigation, i realized that some time over the past month i had received an email or two or three that the school is using yet another new system and i had to sign in and confirm my password and email address ...

so there i was at 2:39 in the a.m. trying to figure things out ...

and, in case there was any doubt in your mind at all, i am MUCH better with a crochet hook and a pair of knitting needles than i am with all things electronic ...

MUCH better ...

and i'm ok with that ...

so here i sit with my pile of gauntlets waiting to be sewn ...




a finished cuff at my side ...



and a new day ahead ...

and i have already advised my groom that if he comes upon me sleeping in my studio, a simple kiss will wake me from my slumber ...

so, have a lovely day and let's make:




No comments:

Post a Comment