Monday, October 4, 2010

she's back ...

so my knobby knees were shaking ... although the years have lessened any great risk of the knobby knees doing any damage ... they are considerably less knobby than in days gone by ...

but, not being overly techie or really in the least bit techie (why is it that EVERY time i go to use my Zune, the battery is dead?), i was most distraught to have my laptop "retire" and what my cherubs reassuringly referred to as the "black screen of death" appear ...

i'm accustomed to sitting at my desk in the studio, tapping on an icon and magically what i need appears on the screen ... thanks in part to my temporarily retired groom of course ...not unlike how a tasty warm meal often magically appears on our kitchen table at the end of the day ...

so we headed out last thursday to try and find a new laptop and met with some success ... here we are ... back writing again ... now i'll probably never make great friends with my laptop, but we have reached an agreement of sorts ... i won't make disparaging comments about the laptop, and the "black screen of death" won't visit my doorstep again ... well for a few years anyway ...

so a cup of tea and thee ... that's where i stand or sit now ...


my desk looks something like this ... covered in buttons ...


not to mention the pile of felted sweater sleeves ...



awaiting their turn to be reborn into gauntlets ...

looking ever so pretty ... with a heartfelt flower and a lovely button ...

much nicer than living on an old clothes hanger at value village ... tossed aside just because a tiny hole appeared where some hungry moth took up residence ...



ah i've got my work cut out for me ...

but it is monday and i am working with "new equipment" ... so bear with me ... and hopefully that harrumph noise coming from the bobbin case of my sewing machine is nothing more than some woolly bits gathering ...

have a great day ...




No comments:

Post a Comment