Saturday, January 23, 2010

where oh where have you been ...


i can hear you now "where have you been ms heart?" ...

let me just say that this night class of mine, while pushing me to places i haven't been before, is very demanding ... so my humble apologies to those of you still paying attention ... but FIFTY collages in 7 days (yes indeed you did hear correctly--FIFTY) really took its toll ...

so, as i sit down to write, my recently temporarily retired husband and eldest cherub are having a nerf gun war ... my youngest cherub is off to a sleepover ... and finally i have a moment to myself to sit and catch up with you all ...

but first i must share some cute photos with you ... cute cat photos ... even better ...










how can you not love a sweet cat ...

so what's new in my world? ...

well we had a lovely trip to whistler over the long weekend past to celebrate my eldest cherub's birthday ... it was a fun-filled time of great skiing, fabulous dining, playtime in the pool and strolls around the village ...

other than that, i am working working working on homework for my certificate of fiber arts program ... we have started a new session and our instructor is very engaging and informational but also demanding ...

so let's talk about FIFTY collages in 7 days ...

our challenge was to create FIFTY collages of at least 7" x 7" and of course we were given a set of guidelines etc ...

here's what mine looked like mid-working phase ...




in my collages, i chose to tell the story of an upcycled sweater from original purchase, to deposit in the goodwill bin, thrifted by ms heart, fulled by ms heart and upcycled into something new and lovely ...

so i was pretty much done with glue and paper and cutting and pasting ...

our next major project is to create 5 wearable art pieces ...

so far, i have crafted an upcycled bag from recycled bags ... you'll rcognize some of the labels ... the sweet owl came from a bartell's bag way back during halloween ... he's been waiting a long time to be reborn ...




and now, since a nasty cold seems to be making it's way through the household, i shall make myself an EmergenC drink and sit with my knitting needles and a cat or two ...

'til next time ... enjoy your weekend ...



No comments:

Post a Comment